The Coast Artillery Museum was established to preserve and interpret coast artillery history
with special emphasis on the harbor defenses of Puget Sound as they existed and functioned from the late 1800s to
the end of World War II. Among the collections and artifacts, visitors will see a three-dimensional scale model of
Battery Kinzie showing the design and structure of the massive fortifications and the emplacements for the two 12-inch
disappearing guns that were kept in readiness for possible attack from 1910 to 1943.
The museum is open daily from noon to 4 p.m., with extended hours Memorial Day through Labor Day from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Commanding Officer's Quarters
overlooks Admiralty Inlet with the Cascades in the background. Completed in 1904, 33 families called this place home
during the days of the fort. The building has been restored and furnished in keeping with the late Victorian period
(1890 - 1910), providing a glimpse into the life of an officer and his family in the first decade of this century.
Special tours can be arranged by calling (360) 344-4400. Admission is $2 for adults, free for children under age 12.
is open May 1 through Sept 30 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
The Port Townsend Marine Science Center
is open April 1 through Oct. 31. Hours vary.