For a unique and memorable vacation, spend the night in the fire lookout that sits atop
the rocky summit of Quartz Mountain in Mount Spokane State Park. Perched at an elevation of 5,129 feet, the
lookout provides stunning views of the Spokane valley, the north Idaho panhandle and the
Selkirk Mountains. In the summer, the landscape is wildflowers and huckleberries.
The lookout is 14-by-14 feet in size. It is a wood-frame structure with wrap-around
windows and deck and sleeps four comfortably. Visitors may take along
their own food and a propane stove is available for cooking. There is no electricity in the lookout.
Maximum capacity: Up to four people. Pets are not allowed.
2013 Rental fees:
$93 (plus tax) per night June 15 to Sept. 15.
$77 (plus tax) per night Sept. 16 to Oct. 15 (closing date depends on weather).
- Two single beds with mattresses
- Two additional mattresses
- Propane camp stove
- Table, four chairs, outside picnic table
- Cabinet with counter
- Cutting board, two dishwashing tubs
- Five gallon jugs of drinking water
- Water pump
- Fire extinguisher
- Campfire ring and firewood
- CXT concrete vault toilet
- Emergency lantern (seven watt D cells)
- Night light for steps
- Guest book
Reservations and cancelations:
- Reservations are accepted up to nine months prior to arrival dates between June 15 and Oct. 15,
depending on weather. To make a reservation, please call
(888) CAMPOUT or (888) 226-7688.
- A maximum of five consecutive nights may be reserved.
- To confirm a reservation, all fees must be paid in full when the reservation is made.
- Cancelations: If you cancel a reservation eight or more days prior to
your scheduled arrival date, the cancel fee is $10.50. If you cancel a reservation seven or
fewer days prior to your scheduled arrival date, you pay for two nights. To cancel
a reservation, please call (888) CAMPOUT or (888) 226-7688.
Directions: The fire lookout is approximately 30 miles North East of Spokane.
From I–90 take exit 287, then drive north on North Argonne Road and drive approximately 13 miles
to Highway 206. Turn right on Highway 206, and drive approximately 12 miles to Mount Spokane State
Park entrance. Drive approximately 3.1 miles to the large gravel parking lot. From there turn
right, drive 200 yards and turn right again. Park at the Selkirk Lodge parking lot or behind the
lodge. The road is paved except for the last 200 yards, which are gravel. From there it is a 2.2
mile hike to the Quartz Mountain Fire Lookout. The hike has an elevation gain of 807 feet.
Reservations for yurts, cabins and platform tents:
Unless otherwise noted above, reservations may be made
year round online
or by calling (888) CAMPOUT or (888) 226-7688.
Reservations may be made nine months in advance of the arrival date. The rental fee and a $6.50 to $8.50 non-refundable
reservation fee must be paid in full at the time a reservation is made. This holds the yurt, cabin or platform tent until
1 p.m. on the day after the first reserved night.
or call (888) CAMPOUT or (888) 226-7688 as soon as possible.
- Washington State Parks pass discounts do not apply to yurts, cabins, platform tents, teepees,
vacation houses or other roofed overnight accommodations.
- Smoking is not allowed in yurts, cabins, platform tents or teepees.
- Pets are only permitted in designated yurts/cabins.
- Cooking is not allowed in yurts, platform tents or teepees. Cooking is allowed only in cabins with kitchenettes.
- Bed linens are not provided in yurts, cabins, platform tents or teepees. Campers must bring their own linen and blankets.
Return to main Yurts and Cabins page.