Manchester - Torpedo Warehouse
This National Historic monument sits on the shoreline of Rich Passage in Manchester State Park’s day-use area. Wedding and event guests will enjoy the beautiful water view, open grass area surrounded by stunning Douglas Firs and Maple trees. Built in 1901 as part of the Army’s Coastal Artillery System: it was originally used to assemble and store mines. Later it was used as an officers’ club, barracks, and mess hall. This impressive brick structure with its cathedral ceilings and a stone fireplace would be the ideal setting for your next special gathering.
The Torpedo Warehouse can accommodate up to 150 guests. Parking is limited and is utilized by day-use park visitors as well as event visitors. There are 68 parking spots, 4 handicap parking spots and two 15 minuet loading zones. All vehicles will require a Discover pass, day pass or Washington State disability placard to park. Carpooling / ride sharing is encouraged.
- Reservation dates are April 1 – Oct 31. Bookings can be made nine months in advance.
- Reservations are not required Nov 1 - March 31, and the facility is first-come, first-served. Please contact the park office for off season information and booking.
- Opens at 8 a.m. until one hour prior to dusk. Contact the park office 360-871-4065 for posted dusk times.
- Facility includes area around Torpedo Warehouse
- Picnic tables, barbeque braziers
- Restrooms with showers
- Trash receptacles
- Horseshoe pit (shoes can be checked out at Welcome Center)
- Braziers can have covers installed and bird deterrent can be turned off
- Facility and restrooms are ADA accessible
- Check in at Welcome Center upon arrival
- Facility does not have electricity; generators maybe used
- You may decorate and set up starting at 8 am.
- Reservation party is responsible for clean-up and departure no later than 1 hour prior to dusk
- All picnic tables must be moved to original locations prior to departure
- Alcohol is allowed in facility area, not in general day-use area or beach; kegs are not allowed.
- Activities must not damage park resources, leave rubbish, decorations or items that may be hazardous to wildlife (examples: confetti, rice, sidewalk chalk, silly string etc.)
- For catering questions, please contact park
- Professional photography and the use of drones require a permit in all Washington State Parks. For additional information Photography Permits
- No amplified music allowed (No DJ's, microphones, large speakers etc.)
- No set-up or take-down service
- No bounce houses
Manchester State Park is located near Port Orchard, WA
Torpedo Warehouse April 1 - October 31
- Mon – Thurs $225
- Fri- Sun $450
* Prices listed do not include applicable taxes
Reservations are accepted up to nine months in advance. Full payment is due at time of reservation to secure date. Reservations can be made online at Reservations or by calling 1-888-CAMP-OUT (1-888-226-7688) between 7 a.m. - 8 p.m., 7 days a week. A non-refundable reservation fee applies. All fees and reservation policies subject to change without notice. For additional questions, you may contact the park by e-mail at Manchester or call (360) 871-4065.