- Rent a place
- Cabins, rustic shelters & yurts
- Kanaskat-Palmer State Park
Kanaskat-Palmer State Park
Kanaskat-Palmer State Park is a 320-acre camping park on a small, low plateau in a natural forest setting in the Green River Gorge. The park has two miles of shorelines on the Green River. Boat and raft launching is by hand only. River rafting and kayaking on the Green River is for expert-level enthusiasts only. Shoreline activities include nature appreciation, trout fishing and picnicking.
Each yurt is 16 feet in diameter by 10 feet high and furnished with bunk beds that sleep three, a queen-size futon, overhead light and small end table. Outside is a picnic table, fire grill, utility hookup and a deck that is ADA accessible. Bathrooms and showers are nearby. Yurts are heated, but visitors should take along blankets and warm clothing as evenings can be cool. A nearby RV pad with electric utility hookup is available for an additional fee at the park. Pets are allowed in yurt 16 with a $15 (plus tax) pet fee per night.
Check-in time is 4 p.m., check-out time is 11 a.m.
The yurts can accommodate up to five guests per yurt.
To make a reservation at this park, visit the reservation website.
- Bed linens are not provided. Campers must bring their own linens and blankets.
- Cooking is not allowed in platform tents, wall tents, teepees, lookouts or yurts. Cooking is allowed only in cabins with kitchenettes.
- Pets are only permitted in designated pet-friendly overnight accommodations for an additional fee.
- Smoking is not allowed inside.
- Washington State Parks pass discounts do not apply to cabins, platform tents, teepees, vacation houses, yurts or other roofed overnight accommodations.
Reservations & cancellations
Unless otherwise noted above, reservations may be made online or by calling (888) CAMPOUT or (888) 226-7688. Reservations may be made nine months in advance of the arrival date. The rental fee and non-refundable reservation fee must be paid in full at the time a reservation is made. This holds the rental facility until 1 p.m. on the day after the first reserved night.
Cancellations may be made online or by calling (888) CAMPOUT or (888) 226-7688.
Other overnight accommodations
Check out other overnight accommodations available at Washington state parks.