Commission meetings & agendas
The Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission is a board of seven citizen volunteers appointed by the governor. It holds four regular meetings in pre-determined locations around the state, four virtual meetings and one planning meeting a year. Time for public comment is provided at all regular meetings and may be virtual, written or in person, depending on the meeting.
The commission typically meets in a work session from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. the day prior to the regular meeting in the same location or at a location near the regular meeting location. Work sessions are educational sessions on park operations and issues that eventually may go before the commission. The commission may also tour area sites or parks the day following the regular meeting. No public comment and no formal action are taken at work sessions and tours.
VIRTUAL PUBLIC COMMENT WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE April. 13, COMMISSION MEETING
Please see the Public Comment section below for information and instructions on providing virtual and other forms of public comment at the Commission Meeting.
UPCOMING COMMISSION MEETINGS AND AND LOCATIONS
- April 12, 13 Commission Meeting
Historic Davenport Hotel
10 S Post St
Spokane, WA 99201
- May 31 Commission Meeting
- July 12, 13 Commission Meeting
Ocean Shores Convention Center
120 W Chance A La Mer NW
Ocean Shores, WA 98569
- August 23 Commission Meeting
- October 18, 19 Commission Meeting
Sun Mountain Lodge
604 Patterson Lake Rd
Winthrop, WA 98862
- November 15 Commission Meeting
- December 6, 7 Commission Planning Meeting for 2024
*no action items/agenda items/reports
COMMISSION MEETING AGENDAS
Regularly-scheduled commission and work session agendas are posted online at least two weeks in advance of meetings, and actions/recordings are posted within a week after the meeting.
- Agenda for the April 12, Regular Commission Work Session
- Agenda for the April 13, Regular Commission Meeting
- Please note: This is a hybrid meeting. You are welcome to attend in-person or online. We ask for patience as we navigate these hybrid meetings and want to remind you that attending in-person will be the most reliable option at this time.
The public may provide virtual, written or in-person comment during the Regular Commission Meeting.
VIRTUAL PUBLIC COMMENT
Pre-registration is required to provide virtual public comment. To provide virtual comment you will need to be able to join the Attendee Web link from your computer (no phone option available).To register, email email@example.com by 5 pm on April 7. Please provide the name you will be logging in under, a contact phone number, as well as the agenda item or general topic you will be speaking on. You will receive an email by noon on April 10, with specific instructions around virtual testimony.
WRITTEN PUBLIC COMMENT
Written public comment may be submitted by mail or email. All comments must be be received by 5 p.m. on April. 7.
- Send written comments by mail to: WSPRC, Attn: Becki Ellison, PO Box 42650, Olympia, WA 98504. Please note: Due to varying conditions in postal delivery speeds we strongly recommend submission of public comment by email so that it will arrive in time for the meeting.
- Send written comments by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
IN-PERSON PUBLIC COMMENT
We will be accepting in-person oral public comment at the meeting. If you wish to comment at a meeting, please fill out a comment card and provide it to staff at the sign in table. The Chair will call you up to the front at the appropriate time.
The public may participate by attending the meetings in person or listening to and/or watching the meeting on TVW
- Listen to/Watch the April 12, Regular Commission Work Session on TVW:
- Listen to/Watch the April 13, Regular Commission Meeting on TVW:
Commission Meeting Recaps
- April 2022 Regular Commission Meeting Recap
- July 2022 Regular Commission Meeting Recap
- Sept 2022 Regular Commission Meeting Recap
- Nov. 2022 Regular Commission Meeting Recap
- Jan. 2023 Regular Commission Meeting Recap
COMMISSION MEETING MINUTES
- Minutes of the July 13, 14 Regular Commission Work Session and Meeting
- Minutes of the Sept. 21-22 Regular Commission Work Session and Meeting
- DRAFT Minutes of the Nov. 16-17 Regular Commission Work Session and Meeting
- DRAFT Minutes of the January 25-26 Regular Commission Work Session and Meeting
COMMISSION MEETING VIDEOS
- Please note: additional Commission Meeting videos can be found here
- Sept. 21, 2022 WSPRC Regular Commission Work Session
- Sept. 22, 2022 WSPRC Regular Commission Meeting
- Nov. 16, 2022 WSPRC Regular Commission Work Session
- Nov. 17, 2022 WSPRC Regular Commission Meeting
- Dec. 6, 2022 WSPRC 2023 Commission Planning Meeting (Audio)
- Dec. 7, 2022 WSPRC 2023 Commission Planning Meeting (Audio)
- Jan. 25, 2023 WSPRC 2023 Regular Commission Work Session (Audio)
- Jan. 26, 2023 WSPRC 2023 Regular Commission Meeting (Audio)
- March. 1, 2023 WSPRC Virtual Commission Meeting